Experience Comfort, Ease, and a Quick Recovery Time with LASIK
If you’ve been considering an SBK Advanced LASIK procedure to get rid of your glasses and contacts in exchange for naturally clearer vision, you may be excited about the transformation you can make. At the same time, you may also feel a little uncertain about medical procedures in general, even if you already know someone who has successfully undergone the procedure.
Durrie Vision, the leading team for LASIK eye surgery near you, completely understands that you want to know everything about your surgery, so you can feel confident and reassured going in for your procedure.
First, let’s cover the most important point: LASIK does not hurt. It is not painful. SBK Advanced LASIK uses highly precise technology to restore your vision safely and comfortably. Operating that technology is Dr. Jason E. Stahl, a leader in laser vision correction procedures and technology. Dr. Stahl is considered one of the top refractive surgeons and ophthalmologists in the U.S. and will provide expert care during your procedure.
You’re in good hands when you come to Durrie Vision for LASIK. Find out more below about what to expect from SBK Advanced LASIK surgery.
What Should I Expect When I Get a LASIK Surgery at Durrie Vision?
The first step in your LASIK procedure at Durrie is a free consultation to determine the right surgery for your eyesight. You’ll have a chance to meet with our team and scope out our inviting facilities for LASIK eye surgery near you.
You’ll notice right away that we’re not an ordinary doctor’s office. In fact, we go to great lengths to ensure you have a comfortable experience.
- No cold, sterile rooms are waiting for you at Durrie Vision.
- The mood is calming and peaceful here, with soft, tasteful music that will soothe you before, during, and after your procedure.
- Our team is gentle, humorous, understanding, and knowledgeable – and we’re always ready to help you feel good about your procedure.
- If you need a blanket, no problem. We invite you to get cozy.
- Snacks and drinks are available for you to enjoy.
- The guest you’ve chosen to drive you home is welcome to sit with you during your SBK LASIK recovery time.
When your procedure begins, you won’t be lying on a thin sheet of paper on a cold white table. Instead, you’ll have your quick, effective SBK Advanced LASIK procedure in a private, darkened room with a comfortable procedure bed. Here’s what your experience will look like:
- You’ll be offered a small dose of medication to help you relax, if you wish. This will make you feel much calmer for your procedure.
- You’ll also receive numbing drops for both of your eyes. We don’t begin the procedure until your drops have reached their maximum effectiveness.
- During the procedure, Dr. Stahl and our team will talk you through everything you need to know, so you’re not caught off guard.
- You’ll feel slight pressure during the procedure, but that’s all.
- Don’t worry – you can’t blink during the procedure. The drops we put in your eyes lubricate them, so your eyes won’t naturally need to blink. We also use a gentle device that ensures your eyes stay open for the procedure.
Our LASIK patients are surprised at how fast the fast 10-to-15-minute procedure feels. After your surgery, you’ll head to our post-operative recovery room and receive instructions about what actions to take in the coming days and weeks.
What About SBK Advanced LASIK Surgery Recovery? Will I Experience Pain After the Procedure?
Your SBK LASIK recovery time begins right after your procedure is over. Some patients feel minimal discomfort after surgery and others don’t. You may feel a slight burning sensation, light sensitivity, or the sense that something is in your eye. This will subside, especially if you follow directions for your comfort after the procedure.
- You can take NSAIDs like ibuprofen, acetaminophen, or naproxen, as needed.
- Use the artificial tears that we recommend, carefully following your recovery schedule. Feel free to continually apply these drops, even after your eyes have healed.
- You can even store your artificial tears in your refrigerator, so the drops feel cool when you apply them.
- When you return for your one-day post-op visit, let our team know about any discomfort you’re feeling. We can make recommendations that will work for you.
After 24 hours, most patients report a “return to normal.” You can go back to driving, work, and other activities, as long as you feel comfortable. Your treatment team will provide additional instructions for your recovery, but at this point, any discomfort will likely subside, and you’ll be glad to see the results of choosing Durrie Vision.
Enjoy a Comfortable, Inviting, and Pain-Free SBK Advanced LASIK Procedure at Durrie Vision
If you’re uncertain about what kind of experience you’ll have when you’re searching for LASIK eye surgery near you, look to Durrie Vision, the trusted name for laser vision surgery. We ensure that your entire experience is comfortable, and you feel reassured every step of the way, from your free, initial consultation to your recovery time from SBK LASIK.
The team behind your surgery and the technology they use make all the difference. Our expert team has invested in the best treatment technology available to provide our patients with clear eyesight that doesn’t depend on glasses and contacts.
Schedule a free consultation with Durrie Vision today.